Adjunct professor Henry Lyons claims a student-athlete, who he wouldn’t name, played on a major sports team at UMKC and failed his Career and Life Development course in the fall of 2010. After conversations with school officials, the grade was changed from an F to a passing grade. Lyons told the Kansas City Star he wants to do what is right and has written the NCAA to investigate. The school says Lyons’ claims are off base.
Professor blows whistle on UMKC for passing failing student
May 9, 2012 by Bill Pollock
- How they voted: Missouri House on ‘right to work’
- Attack against Bosnian woman being investigated as hate crime
- MO couple’s $680K Florida dream home finished – on the wrong lot
- Probation, end of career for Springfield officer that shot unarmed man
- How they voted: attempt to override veto of ag bill fails in the House