Mookie Cooper announced on Twitter post that he is transferring back home to state of Missouri and will play for the Mizzou Tigers. The former top-100 prospect will have four years of eligibility with the Tigers after not playing for the Buckeyes this past season as a freshman. Cooper entered his name in the transfer portal on Dec. 23. Cooper was Ohio State’s fourth signee from the St. Louis area in a three-year span, joining receiver Kamryn Babb and cornerback Cameron Brown (2018) and receiver Jameson Williams (2019).
— BIGMOOK (@mcgetbusy1) January 5, 2021
The file on the former Trinity Catholic star:
• A versatile receiver and talented athlete who was ranked as the country’s No. 15 receiver and No. 82 overall player by 247Sports.
• A four-star prospect.
• Third-rated player in the state of Missouri.
• Averaged nearly 30 yards per reception as a junior, hauling in 29 passes for 869 yards and nine touchdowns while helping Trinity Catholic win their first-ever Class 3 state championship.
• Amassed more than 1,100 yards of total offense.
• Also rushed for 224 yards while scoring 18 touchdowns.