Mississippi State visits Mizzou on Saturday with a 7:30 p.m. tip.
• Mizzou Men’s Basketball (8-12, 1-6) welcomes Mississippi State (8-11, 1-6) to Mizzou Arena, with tipoff scheduled for 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 30.
• The Tigers are hosting their Annual Coaches Vs. Cancer White Out Game vs. Mississippi State. All fans are encouraged to wear white.
• Head coach Kim Anderson’s squad is seeking its second conference win of the season after the decisive, 76-61 victory over Auburn (Jan. 9).
• Freshman forward Kevin Puryear became the sixth-fastest freshman to break 200 points in program history vs. Georgia (Jan. 20).
• Puryear leads the Tigers in scoring in overall games this season with his 11.4 points per game.
• Junior guard Wes Clark leads the Tigers in scoring in conference games with his 11.1 points per game.
#22 Mizzou at Ole Miss Sunday Afternoon with a 4:00 p.m. tip.
• Mizzou started the season 13-0 for the first time in program history with an unblemished run through nonconference play, passing the 1982-83 team that started 9-0 for the best in school annals. The Tigers have gone 4-4 during the SEC slate and have reached 17 wins before February for only the second time in program history and the first since the 1976-77 season, which was the third season of basketball in Tigers history.
• Lindsey Cunningham tied career-highs with 16 points and three 3-pointers to lead Mizzou to a 52-46 victory over LSU on Thursday night.
• Morgan Stock has drained 11 triples over the last three contests and has knocked down a season-high four treys in each of the last two games.
• The Tigers are ranked No. 22 in the most recent Associated Press Top 25 poll, marking six consecutive weeks that Mizzou has been ranked nationally, which last occurred from Feb. 5 – March 11, 1984. When the Tigers broke into the Top 25 five weeks ago, it marked the first national ranking for the program since Jan. 9, 2006, which lasted only one week. Mizzou also broke into the USA Today Coaches Poll this week at No. 24, marking the first time they have been in the poll since the end of 2000-01.
• The Tigers rank 22nd nationally in rebounding margin (+8.7), 27th in scoring margin (+14.1), 31st in free throw percentage (74.3), 32nd in field goal percentage (44.3), 37th in field goal percentage defense (35.9), 41st in in 3-pointers per game (7.4) and 47th in scoring offense (73.0).
• Forwards Jordan Frericks and Cierra Porter are both shooting 55 percent from the field. Mizzou’s starting five is shooting 50 percent from the floor and 39 percent from 3-point range.
• Freshman guard Sophie Cunningham leads the team in scoring (13.3) and ranks 11th in the SEC. She is the highest-scoring freshman in the league while Cierra Porter is third-best (10.6) in 27th place overall. Cunningham has been named SEC Freshman of the Week four times while Porter has also received the honor on one occasion.