For the first time during #MIZCamp, the Tigers practiced in full pads Monday morning at Faurot Field. For around two hours, the team displayed high energy as both sides of the ball recorded big plays in a highly-contested session. Below are some of Monday morning’s highlights:
- WR DeSean Blair hauled in a diving, juggling 46-yard reception at the 4-yard line on a long pass from QB Maty Mauk, who threw the ball near midfield.
- Mauk threw across the field for a 3rd-and-long conversion to WR Nate Brown.
- S Cortland Browning, CB Kenya Dennisand DB Aarion Penton all intercepted passes in the red zone. Dennis’ pick late during 11-on-11 won the scrimmage for the defense.
- The defense won a closely-contested 7-on-7 competition against the offense that came down to the last play when DLCharles Harris and LB Donavin Newsomcombined to record a tackle for loss.
- QB Marvin Zanders connected with WRRay Wingo for a 36-yard completion. Wingo showed strong field awareness to stay in the field of play along the sideline.
- During 1-on-1 offensive vs. defensive line drills, DL Josh Augusta, OL Evan Boehm, DL Charles Harris and OL Connor McGovern all had impressive showings. The competition featured strong enthusiasm from all the linemen.
- FS Dominic Nelson intercepted a pass near midfield and returned it 15 yards.
- QB Corbin Berkstresser threw a 37-yard TD on play action to TE Jason Reese, who caught the pass in-stride in the end zone.
- QB Drew Lock rolled out to his left to complete a 28-yard pass on the run to WR Emanuel Hall.
complete a 28-yard pass on the run to WR Emanuel Hall.