– The Missouri drive that ended the first quarter would stall when Maty Mauk is sacked for a 12 yard loss but kicker Andrew Baggett comes on to drill a 52 yard field goal. It is the longest field goal in Baggett’s career. The points are the first allowed by the Arkansas defense in over nine quarters. Drive: 17 plays 41 yards 7:25 Arkansas 7 Mizzou 3 with 14:23 left in the quarter.
-Arkansas starts at their own 25 yard line and the Tigers defense is able to get the Razorbacks offense off the field quickly. After a punt Mizzou would start at their own 15 yard line. Murphy muffed the punt reception but recovered the ball.
– The Tigers aren’t able to move the ball on the drive and are forced to punt after a three and out. Brinser’s punt is 41 yards but returned 35 yards by Jared Cornelius to the Mizzou 31 yard line.
– The Razorbacks would take advantage of the great field position to extend their lead to 14-3 on a 12 yard touchdown pass from Brandon Allen to Keon Hatcher. Drive: 6 plays 31 yards 3:43 .
– Mizzou starts a drive at their own 29 yard line and can’t get much done as they are forced to punt after a three and out. An illegal block penalty was key to ending the possession. Following a punt by Missouri the Razorbacks take over at their own 32 yard line with 5:12 left in the quarter.
– Arkansas would advance inside Missouri territory but the Tigers defense comes up with a fumble. Jonathan Williams fumble was forced by Markus Golden and Mizzou takes over at their own 46 yard line with 4:38 left in the quarter.
– On the first play after the fumble Missouri gives it back when a Maty Mauk pass is deflected at the line of scrimmage and intercepted by DJ Dean. Arkansas starts at the Mizzou 47 yard line.
– The Tigers defense would stiffen and force the Razorbacks to punt but the Tigers would have to start at their own 6 yard line.
– Missouri would move the ball to the Arkansas 33 yard line to set up a 50 yard field goal try by Andrew Baggett that is good to make the score Arkansas 14 Mizzou 6 at the half.
Stats… Mauk 13 of 22 for 99 yards and 1 interception, Hansbrough 9 carries for 19 yards. Murphy 4 catches for 27 yards.