Northwest Missouri State has announced dates for the Championship Trophy Tour, celebrating the football program’s 2013 NCAA Division II National Championship. The tour will include five stops in the Midwest, beginning Friday, Feb. 21. The Bearcats won the program’s fourth national championship with a 43-28 victory over Lenoir-Rhyne on Dec. 21, 2013, in Florence, Ala. The game marked Northwest’s eighth appearance in the national championship game, and the Bearcats became the fifth team to go 15-0.
“It’s incredible how many Bearcat fans there are throughout the Midwest and across the country,” head football coach Adam Dorrel said. “Winning a national championship is something that everyone who cares about Northwest should be able to celebrate, no matter where they live. Being able to bring a championship trophy to our fans who have supported us throughout is a great feeling.”
Dorrel, Director of Athletics Mel Tjeerdsma and Northwest President Dr. John Jasinski will be present at all five stops and will be available to answer questions and sign autographs. Fans will be able to take photos with the championship trophy and pick up an exclusive championship poster at each event. There will be an opportunity for fans to bid on auction items at each event, including a football, a helmet and a jersey.
Each event begins at 6 p.m. and will last until about 8 p.m. Hors d’oeuvres will be provided. All events are free of charge and open to the public. These events are family friendly and all ages are welcome to attend. Fans may RSVP and find more online at www.nwmissouri.edu/champions.
Event dates and locations are as follows:
• Friday, Feb. 21 – St. Louis (Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel, 191 Westport Plaza, St Louis, MO 63146)
• Monday, Feb. 24 – St. Joseph (Northwest Missouri State, St. Joseph Center – Suite 100 South 3500 N. Village Dr., St. Joseph, MO 64506)
• Tuesday, Feb. 25 – Omaha (Slowdown – 729 N. 14th St., Omaha, NE 68102)
• Thursday, Feb. 27 – Des Moines (Hy-Vee Corporate Conference Center – 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266)
• Friday, Feb. 28 – Kansas City (Sporting Park – 1 Sporting Way, Kansas City, KS 66111)