– Arkansas St begins the quarter with the ball at their own 25 yard line and they quickly use the passing game to advance to the Tigeres 47 yard line. Adam Kennedy to JD McKissic for 28 yards is the big play. The Red Wolves convert on 3rd and 4 to keep the drive alive and advance to the Mizzou 31 yard line. The Red Wolves would settle for a 44 yard field goal by Brian Davis, his third field goal of the game. ASU leads 16-14 with 11:31 left in the quarter.
– The Tigers first possession of the quarter results in a quick three and out and after a punt ASU takes over at their own 30 yard line.
– ASU gains one first down on their next drive but Mizzou forces a punt and they take over at their own six yard line with 6:41 left in the quarter.
– The Tigers then go on a 9 play 94 yard drive that takes 6:35 and is capped with a James Franklin to L’Damian Washington 5 yard touchdown pass. A failed two point conversion makes the score Missouri 20 Arkansas St 16 with 3:39 left in the quarter.
– Arkansas St. begins a drive at their own 25 and the Missouri defense forces a punt after a three and out giving the ball back to the Tigers after a punt.
– Mizzou starts at their own 13 yard line with 1:43 left in the quarter and with the benefit of a 45 yard run by Henry Josey move the ball into Arkansas St territory as the quarter comes to a close.
End 3rd Quarter: Missouri 20 Arkansas St 14