– Arkansas St. starts the quarter with the ball at the Mizzou 38 yard facing 2nd and 14. The Tigers defense holds to force a punt. The big play was a solid open field tackle by Matt White.
– After an ASU punt Missouri starts a drive at their own 20 yard line and three plays later they are in the end zone after a James Franklin to Dorial Green-Beckham 68 yard touchdown pass. With 11:57 left in the half Mizzou leads it 14-6.
– The Red Wolves begin their next possession at their own 25 yard line they are forced to punt.
– On Mizzou’s next possession the Tigers give up the ball when Marcus Murphy fumbles at the ASU 44 yard line. Officials blow the play dead preventing ASU from returning the fumble for a touchdown. They ruled Murphy was down but that call was reversed by replay.
– ASU begins at their own 44 yard line and they drive to the Missouri 17 yard line where Adam Kennedy hits Julian Jones with a touchdown pass. The extra point is good and with 5:20 left in the half the Missouri lead is trimmed to 14-13.
– The Tigers next possession results in a three and out and ASU takes over at their own three yard line after a 59 yard punt by Christian Brinser.
– ASU then puts together a drive that reaches the Missouri one yard line but the Red Wolves can’t run it in on second down and then on third down with no timeouts remaining they complete a pass short of the end zone. David Oku receives the pass and in desperation loses 22 yards as the half comes to a close.
Half: Missouri 14 Arkansas St 13