– The Tigers open the game with ball and their first drive starts at their own 25 yard line and they go three and out after a 3rd and 6 pass intended for Dorial Green-Beckham is incomplete.
– ASU uses two big plays to get into field goal range… JD McKissic with a 32 yard run and QB Adam Kennedy hits Julian Jones for a 17 yard pick up. The drive stalls when Mizzou’s Michael Sam sacks Kennedy on 3rd and 12 from the Tigers 16 yard line. The 41 yard field goal attempt by Brian Davis is good. ASU 3 Mizzou 0
– Mizzou’s second possession of the game begins on their own 28 yard line. The Tigers methodically move the ball down the field and reach the ASU 6 yard line but the drive stalls and Andrew Baggett misses a 24 yard field goal attempt to keep the Red Wolves on top 3-0 with 7:05 left in the quarter.
– ASU starts at their own 20 yard line and they quickly advance into Missouri territory. A 15 yard penalty on the Tigers Randy Ponder for “targeting” also results in his disqualification. The Red Wolves reach the Tigers 6 yard line but Mizzou would force a 21 yard field goal by Davis and ASU goes on top 6-0 with 3:35 left in the quarter.
– Missouri will then go 75 yards in 5 plays capped by an 8 yard touchdown run by Marcus Murphy. The big play in the drive was a 42 yard run by Russell Hansbrough. Missouri leads it 7-6 with 2:00 left in the quarter.
– ASU moves the ball to the Mizzou 38 yard line as the first quarter clock expires.
End 1st Quarter: Missouri 7 Arkansas St 6