– Indiana starts the quarter with the ball at the Mizzou 48 yard line and they were going to go for it but a false start penalty forces them to punt.
– Missouri starts their first drive of the quarter at their own 8 yard line. The Tigers drive into Indiana territory but Jimmie Hunt fumbles giving the ball back to Indiana. It is the Tigers 3rd turnover of the first half.
– Indiana then goes 59 yards and scores a touchdown on a Nate Sudfeld to Cody Latimer pass with 9:04 left in the quarter. Missouri 14 Indiana 7
– The Tigers start their next possession at their own 18 yard line and after one first down they fail to convert a 3rd and 4 and punt for the first time in the game.
– The Hoosiers being a drive at their own 11 yard line. It takes Indiana just 4 plays to tie it up with the big play a Nate Sudfeld to Cody Latimer 76 yard pass play to the Mizzouri 2 yard line. Tevin Coleman then scores on a 2 yard run. 6:31 left in the 2nd quarter and it is tied 14-14
– Mizzou’s next possession results in a 7 play 75 yard drive for a touchdown scored by James Franklin on a 1 yard run. The big play was a completion to Dorial Green-Beckham for 41 yards down the left sideline.
– Indiana gets the ball with 4:00 left in the half at their own 25 yard line and they would later face a 3rd and 3 at the Tigers 46 when Kony Ealy leaps at the line of scrimmage to intercept a pass and return it for a touchdown. It is the 33rd straiht game Mizzou has forced a turnover which is the longest streak in FBS.
– Indiana begins their next drive with 1:57 left in the half at their own 25 yard line. The Tigers defense forces the Hoosiers to 4th and 2 and on the last play of the quarter a desperation down field pass is intercepted by Kentrell Brothers.
Halftime Score: Mizzou 28 Indiana 14