– Tigers start their first drive at their own 25 and after a couple of completions to Green-Beckham and a couple of runs by Josey the drive ends on an interception thrown by James Franklin
– The Hoosiers pick up a first down on their first possession but a chop block slows down the drive and they are forced to punt.
– Missouri’s second drive starts at their own 33 yard line. They get into field goal range and fake the field goal try. A penalty on Indiana gives Mizzou 1st and goal at the Indiana 7 yard line and one play later Franklin hits Green-Beckham with a TD pass. Mizzou 7 Indiana 0 with 7:50 left in the quarter.
– The Hoosiers second possession of the game then starts at their own 25 after a touchback… Indiana is able to record one first down but the drive ends when EJ Gaines makes a nice play to break up a pass on third and ten.
– Missouri then takes over at their own 20 following the punt. The Tigers march quickly to the Indiana 30 yard line but the drive ends on Franklin’s second interception of the game. Hoosiers take over at their own 1 yard line.
– The Hoosiers manage one first down then are forced to punt after the Tigers get pressure on the pass rush.
– Mizzou begins their next drive at midfield and the Tigers march downfield and score on a 10 yard touchdown run by Marcus Murphy to take a 14-0 lead with 1:34 left.
– Indiana begins their next drive at their own 25 yard line after another touchback. They drive to the Missouri 48 yard line and the quarter ends with a 4th and 1 upcoming.