The Shreveport-Bossier Convention & Tourist Bureau e-mailed me this nifty little one-sheeter on everything the area has to offer for Missouri fans who will be making the trip for the December 26th game between the Tigers and Tar Heels of North Carolina. Here’s what they have to say about “Louisiana’s Other Side.”
Shreveport-Bossier, will proudly welcome the Big 12’s University of Missouri Tigers and the ACC’s University of North Carolina Tar Heels at Independence Stadium in Shreveport, Louisiana. While here, fans can enjoy a host of I-Bowl related events and activities for the whole family, including a Kids’ Day Out on Saturday, Dec. 24, along with the MetroPCS Fan Fest, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. on game day, and the AT&T Parade and Pep Rally, beginning at 1:30 p.m. on game day.
Visitors to Shreveport-Bossier also are invited to enjoy the southern hospitality, Cajun food, and many exciting things to see and do. Some must-sees while in the sister cities include:
• Great shopping, riverfront dining, and entertainment at the Louisiana Boardwalk
• Hands-on exhibits and IMAX Theater at Sci-Port: Louisiana’s Science Center
• Dinner and a movie under one roof at Robinson Film Center
• New! Fantastic Mr. Fox interactive puppet theater exhibit at Artspace
• Gaming at five area riverfront casinos and horseracing track.
For a complete list of upcoming events and entertainment taking place in Shreveport-Bossier, visit www.shreveportbossierfunguide.com.