It’s not just the holiday season…..It’s also the prime fire season. We’ve already seen some tragedies because people have tried to keep warm the wrong ways—by burning charcoal in a bowl in a closed room…..or by burning diesel fuel in a tub inside a house….In some cases, some of the people were found in time. In the case of the burning charcoal, rescuers were too late. Carbon monoxide poisoning was the problem in both cases. But sometimes improper ways of staying warm burn down the building……. State fire marshall Randy Cole says common sense can avoid a lot of tragedy in this prime season for fires. He says it’s surprising that people use their gas cook stoves to try to keep warm. He says people in that situation need to find a shelter instead of risking a fire or a carbon monoxide hazard. Cole says a carbon monoxide alarm is essential in the winter…And he says instruction books for space heaters, wood-burning stoves…and other devices that help people stay warm….should be read. And followed.
You are here: / Holiday Season Also Fire Season