Investigators on the scene of that deadly fire in Anderson have ruled out arson as the cause. They say nothing they have found at the scene indicates that the fire was set. Authorities have been sifting through what remains of the Anderson Guest House since early Monday morning. The fire killed ten and injured 25. There were 33 residents and two staff members at the home at the time of the fire. Firefighters couldn’t save six people pulled from the flames. They died of smoke inhalation. Firefighters had to wait until the fire was brought under control to remove four other victims. Results of autopsies have not been released. The fire roared through the residential facility in extreme southwest Missouri, leaving little left with only the cinder block outside walls standing. Investigators have focused on the living room located in the north end of the building. The fire extensively damaged that room. A natural gas furnace is located in a closet adjacent to the living room.
You are here: / Arson Ruled Out As Cause of Anderson Fire