Authorities in Springfield say an investigation into the fatal explosion at the Ozark Empire Fair in Springfield last week leads them to believe a natural gas leak was the cause. Assistant Fire Chief Barry Rowe says it appears a butane lighter ignited the natural gas. The explosion killed maintenance worker Brad Murphy. Rowe says Murphy was a smoker who could have either been lighting a cigarette or, more likely, was using his lighter to find his way in a dark part of the building. The explosion occurred June 18th. Officials at the Ozark Empire Fair say the fair will go on as scheduled July 25th through the August 3rd.
You are here: / Natural Gas Leak Caused Fatal Explosion