Exposure to near-zero temperatures may have lead to the deaths of a man and woman in Independence. Independence police officer George Parks says the woman had been evicted from an apartment in Liberty. She died outside a friend’s home, where she was storing some items. Parks says the couple had a blanket and appeared to be dressed warmly. Autopsies will determine whether they might have suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning. The woman is identified as Jennifer Peery, 32, of Independence. The man’s name hasn’t been released yet.