A space heater is being blamed for the fire that destroyed most of Fayette High School. Assistant State Fire Marshal Randy Cole says it wasn’t turned on. Someone had set some items on top of the unit’s power cord, however, which subsequently caught fire. The heater was located in the school’s administrative offices. Cole did not have any dollar figures available on damage. The beginning of classes have been pushed back in Fayette from January 2nd to at least January 8th.
You are here: / / Fayette High School fire accidental