Royals mascot Sluggerr is headed back to court. A Missouri appeals court reversed a lower court’s decision in a lawsuit filed by John Coomer of Overland Park against the Royals and the mascot. Coomer alleges he suffered a detached retina and needed three surgeries when he was hit by a hot dog that Sluggerr shot from an air gun. The court ruled being hit by a hot dog is not a well-known risk of attending a baseball game.
Royals mascot Sluggerr headed back to court
January 16, 2013 by Bill Pollock
- How they voted: Missouri House on ‘right to work’
- Attack against Bosnian woman being investigated as hate crime
- MO couple’s $680K Florida dream home finished – on the wrong lot
- Probation, end of career for Springfield officer that shot unarmed man
- How they voted: attempt to override veto of ag bill fails in the House