December 17, 2014

NHL releases statement on CBA agreement

After the Mizzou-Illinois game at Scottrade Center, I ran into Blues owner Tom Stillman after the game and I asked his gut feeling on the CBA talks and he told me he was “fairly certain” there was going to be an NHL season. He was confident the sides could begin to trust each other in time to salvage at least a 48 game season, which Stillman said could still be played if they started as late as the end of January.

Earlier on Friday, Bill Daly, Deputy Commissioner of the National Hockey League, released the following statement regarding a new proposal to reach a Collective Bargaining Agreement with the National Hockey League Players’ Association:

“In light of media reports this morning, I can confirm that we delivered to the Union a new, comprehensive proposal for a successor CBA late yesterday afternoon. We are not prepared to discuss the details of our proposal at this time. We are hopeful that once the Union’s staff and negotiating committee have had an opportunity to thoroughly review and consider our new proposal, they will share it with the players. We want to be back on the ice as soon as possible.”